Before your appointment you will be asked to fill out our new patient intake forms. You can either pick them up at the office or they can be emailed to you.
Initial visit 1 – 1 1/2 hours (for cancer patients we allow a minimum of 2 hours for the initial visit)
- Check in
- Medical history taking
- Relevant physical exam
- Bioelectric Impedance Analysis (BIA) if indicated ($40.00 fee, not included in the visit fee)
- Review any lab reports available (please bring in reports if you have them)
- Lab testing organized if needed (may be obtained from your family practitioner if available)
- Arrange for lab reports from other providers to be forwarded to our office as needed
- Wellness goals established
- Treatment plan started
- Therapy appointment(s) booked – Bowen, acupuncture, IV therapy, acupuncture, massage.
First Follow up visit- 1 hour (booked after the initial visit, usually within 2 weeks)
- Nutritional analysis
- Review of lab results
- Completion/revision of short term treatment plan
Re-assessment Visits 45 minutes
- Assessment of progress
- Changes as necessary in treatment plan to reflect changes in health status
- Continuation of treatments(s) prescribed
Dr Horne-Paul is happy to schedule a 15 minute information session at no charge to answer questions regarding naturopathic medicine in general, treatments provided, and other inquiries if you are not sure that a naturopathic program is for you. This is NOT a consultation appointment and no treatments or medical advice will be given.
Please call 902-695-5760 in New Glasgow or 902-245-6666 in Digby to book.
Any labs needing to be repeated for reassessment will be billed separately if not performed by your family doctor.
- I use Metametrix/Genova Diagnostics Lab for most of my functional lab assessments
- Lab Fees vary depending on the lab test performed and are payable at time the specimen is submitted to the lab
- The BIA test will be repeated as necessary in order to assist in assessing your progress.
Nutritional supplement prescriptions, and other therapies will be billed separately. Payment is due in full at the time of service.
We accept cash, or cheque as payment. We do not extend credit, and we do not direct bill insurance companies. You will be provided with a receipt after each visit which you may submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Rescheduling/Cancellation of Appointments:
We require a minimum of 24 hours notice of change or cancellation of a scheduled appointment. If less than 24 hours notice is given, the full fee for the appointment will be charged.